ROBERTA OLGUIN GETZAN
Roberta is a first-generation immigrant to the United States. She was born in a small town in Northern Mexico where she grew up and attended public schools. At the age of 20, she immigrated to the United States and settled in Jacksonville, where she began her college studies. In keeping with her great love of U.S. government and history, she obtained her B.A. degree from the University of North Florida with a major in Political Science and a Minor in American History. Having obtained her undergraduate degree “with great distinction,” she naturally progressed on to law school, graduating from Florida Coastal School of Law with her Juris Doctorate degree in 2002.
Roberta began her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney for the Third Judicial Circuit of Florida. During her 13 years of service as a prosecutor, Roberta handled cases that ranged from simple felonies to complex homicides. She served as Chief Assistant to the State Attorney for her last five years, where in addition to handling a heavy caseload, she supervised the day-to-day activities of attorneys, legal assistants, and other support staff.
In January 2016 Roberta struck out on her own, opening Getzan Law Firm. Her practice consisted of real estate, probate, immigration, and criminal defense. After two years of practicing solo, she accepted the opportunity to join the team at Morgan Law Center, where her practice is focused on estate planning, elder law, and probate administration.
Roberta is married to Robert Getzan, and they have two children, Bobby and Madison, both of whom were raised and educated in Columbia County. Bobby is currently studying digital media and video production at Santa Fe College in Gainesville, and Madison is a junior at Columbia County High School and is an award-winning dancer.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2002.
- University of North Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, 1999.
- Florida Community College, Associate of Arts, 1997.
- Morgan Law Center for Estate, Elder, and Legacy Planning, Associate Attorney, January 2018 to present.
- The Getzan Law Firm, PA, Solo Practitioner, 2016 to 2017.
- Office of the State Attorney for the Third Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2002 to 2015.
- Altrusa International of Lake City, Communication Committee Co-Chair, Member since 2016.
- Partnership for Stronger Families, Board Member since 2017.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Asset Protection
- Business Succession Planning
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Home Page
- Legacy Building
- Our Firm
- Our Team
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Roberta Getzan
- Seven Guiding Principles
- Teresa Morgan
- Thank You!
- Trust Administration